The Department of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment is giving courses about available tools for analysing trends in the environment, and assessment of environmental quality. We are also disseminating a critical and knowledge based attitude to environmental data and environmental reports.
The Department of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment is responsible for the following courses:
- Basic Course - Biology and Environmental Sciences (in Swedish, Bachelor level, 15 credits, the Departments responsibility is from autumn 2022)
- Environmental Assessment (Bachelor level, 7.5 credits)
- Environmental Assessment (Masters level, 15 credits)
- Environmental Impacts of Energy Systems (in Swedish, Bachelor level, 5 credits)
- Freshwater Biodiversity (in Swedish, Bachelor level, 7.5 credits)
- Models for Sustainable Water Management (Masters level, 7,5 hp)
- Natural Resources for Energy Systems in a Biogeochemical Perspective (in Swedish, Bachelor level, 10 credits).
The department is also involved in a number of other courses with water related parts, e.g.: Contaminated Soils - Risk Assessment and Remediation (20 credits), Energy and Environment (7.5 credits) and Land Use and Watershed Management to Reduce Eutrophication (7.5 credits).
Independent projects / BSc or MSc projects
- More information about independent projects (and all forms needed).
- Available projects at the Department of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment .
- For more questions about Independent project at the department contact Director of Studies Ulf Grandin (email@example.com).
- At the department we are examining projects in the subjects Biology and Environmental Science (see the list of courses below). We can also supervise projects in other subjects such as Chemistry.
We are teaching on the following programmes:
- Biologi och miljövetenskap (Bachelor's level)
- EnvEuro (Master's level)
- Energy Systems Engineering in collaboration with Uppsala University (Bachelor's and Master's level)
- Environmental and Water Engineering in collaboration with Uppsala University (Bachelor's and Master's level)
- Soil, Water and Environment (Master's level).