The aim of the call is to support two new post doc projects in One Health. The post doc positions will be located at SLU but collaboration with external partners is encouraged. The funding will cover part of the post doc salary and the rest of the funding must be covered by the applying department(s). The co-funding may come from one or more departments and/or external collaborators, or already secured research funds.
Who can apply:
The call is open to all SLU researchers with a PhD. The main applicant must be employed by SLU, and the application must be for a new post doc position.
How much can you apply for:
500,000 SEK/year during 2023 and 2024 (for a post doc salary), the post doc will be given the opportunity to apply for up to 100,000 SEK for running costs of the project (application deadline for this application will be in December 2023).
Deadline: April 24th 2023
How do you apply?
Fill out the application form and write a project description of max 5 pages
Email these two documents together with CV (max 2 page or link to online CV) of the main applicant to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24th of April 2023.
- Main applicant employed by SLU
- At least two partner institutions
- New post doc position (i.e. not prolongation of existing post doc or research project), at least 80% research activity
- Project in One Health (must include at least three of the One Health components: animal health, human health, plant health, environmental health)
- Funding not covered by the grant (i.e. the rest of the post doc salary) must be guaranteed
The proposals will be evaluated by the platform steering group which includes representatives from all SLU faculties. Any conflict of interest within the steering group will be handled according to SLU guidelines. In addition, each proposal will be assessed by one external evaluator.
Only applications meeting the requirements listed in the call will be evaluated.
Assessment criteria include:
- Feasibility of the project
- Scientific excellence of the proposal
- Relevance to One health
For questions regarding the application, please contact: Susanna Sternberg Lewerin, Programme Director. Mail: Susanna.Sternberg-Lewerin@slu.se Phone: +46 18 67 31 92
/Welcome with your application