Main reference: Cassar, A. and D. Friedman. 2004. Economics lab : An intensive course in experimental economics. Routledge. USA.
Alternative reference : Kagel, J. and A. Roth. 1995. Handbook of experimental economics. Princeton, NJ : Princeton University Press.
Selected supplementary materials:
- Smith, V. 1994. Economics in the laboratory. Journal of Economic Perspectives, 113-131.
- Smith, V. 2010. Theory and experiment : what are the questions ? Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, 73(1), 3-15.
- Plott, C. 1991. Economics in 2090 : The views of an experimentalist. Economic Journal, 88-93.
- Croson, R. 2005. The method of experimental economics. International Negotiation, 10(1), 131-148.
- Levitt, S. and J. List. 2007. What do laboratory experiments measuring social preferences reveal about the real world ? Journal of Economic Perspectives, 21(2), 153-174.
- Camerer, C. 2011. The promise and success of lab-field generalizability in experimental economics : a critical reply to Levitt and List. SSRN 1977749.
- Andersen, S., G. Harrison, M. Lau, and E. Rutstrom. 2008. Eliciting risk and time preferences. Econometrica, 76(3), 583-618.
- Croson, R. and U. Gneezy. 2009. Gender differences in preferences. Journal of Economic Literature, 47(2), 1-27.
- Fehr, E. and K. Schmidt. 1999. A theory of fairness, competition, and cooperation. Quarterly Journal of Economics, 114, 817-868.
- Guth, W. and M. Kocher. 2013. More than thirty years of ultimatum bargaining experiments : motives, variations, and a survey of recent literature. Jena Economic Research Papers.
- List, J. 2007. On the interpretation of giving in dictator games. Journal of Political Economy, 115(3), 482-493.
- Fehr, E. and S. Gaechter. 2000. Cooperation and punishment in public goods experiments. American Economic Review, 90(4), 980-994.
- Chaudhuri, A. 2011. Sustanining cooperation in laboratory public goods experiments : a selective survey of literature. Experimental Economics, 14, 47-83.
- Hermann, B., C. Thoni, S. Gaechter. 2008. Antisocial punishment across societies. Science, 319(7), 1362-1367.
- Charness, G., D. Masclet, and M.C. Villeval. 2013. The dark side of competition for status. Management science, 60(1), 38-55.
- Smith, V. 1962. An experimental study of competitive market behavior. Journal of Political Economy, 111-137.
- Ahn, T., Ostrom, E. and J. Walker. 2011. Reprint of: A common-pool resource experiment with postgraduate subjects from 41 countries. Ecological Economics, 70(9), 1580-1589.
- Ostrom, E. 1992. Institutions and common-pool resources. Journal of Theoretical Politics, 4(3), 243-245.
- Ostrom, E. 2008. Institutions and the environment. Economic Affairs, 28(3) 24-31.
- Ostrom, E. 2006. The value-added of laboratory experiments for the study of institutions and common-pool resources. Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 61(2), 149-163.
Additional reference literature, esp. journal articles, will be provided before and during the course.